This is a digital download and NOT a physical product!
Build, launch and land all three cores of your own brick-built Falcon 9 Heavy model!
Standing 64 cm (25 in) tall, the Falcon Heavy model is built at 1:110 scale, the same scale as the LEGO® Saturn V set! It's designed to be very detailed and scale-accurate in everything from the exterior dimensions to details, while keeping the piece price relatively affordable for its size. The default model without the deployment arms for the landing legs consists of 713 pieces which cost approximately $90 and are bought separately (see the "How to buy the bricks" section below).
The digital building instructions you'll receive with your purchase are high-quality and easy to follow, even for less experienced builders.
The model features:
- Accurate staging, with detachable booster cores, a center core and a second stage.
- A payload fairing, housing the Tesla Roadster launched on the demo launch or a satellite of your choice.
- Deployable grid fins and landing legs, with deployment arms that can be added to display the landed first stage.
- An all-white variant as seen on the first Demo launch of the Tesla Roadster. See the "Variants" tab below for more info.
- A sturdy construction with axles and bars as internal supports allowing for easy handling and light play.
Learn more about the Falcon Heavy
Falcon Heavy is a reusable heavy-lift launch vehicle and is currently the third most powerful operational rocket in the world, only behind Starship and the Space Launch System (SLS). Falcon Heavy consists of three connected Falcon 9 cores, all three with the capability to land and be reused. Despite only flying seven times so far, the Falcon Heavy is a fan-favorite and has been so ever since its maiden flight in 2018, where it carried Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster to space (which is included in this model). Apart from cars, Falcon Heavy has the capability to launch heavy satellites to GTO as well as missions to other parts of the solar system, like modules for the Lunar Gateway and extraplanetary probes.
Thank you for checking out my Falcon Heavy model and if you are considering buying the instructions I am especially grateful to you for supporting my work and directly enabling me to continue producing more designs in the future!
Pieces and price:
This default model contains 713 pieces, costing approximately $90 (prices on Bricklink vary depending on region and current parts availability), see the buying guide in the section below.
64 cm x 13 cm x 5 cm
25 in x 5 in x 2 in
With the landing legs extended the base of each core measures 14 cm (5.5 in) x 14 cm (5.5 in).
How to buy the pieces
I recommend buying the bricks required for the model from Bricklink.com, which is the largest online marketplace for LEGO® parts sellers.
There are other alternatives, like the official LEGO® Pick a Brick site, but they rarely have all the required pieces and it's often more expensive there.
The process to buy from Bricklink is easier than it seems, and is explained thoroughly in this step-by-step guide to help you:
- After buying the product, you need to download the folder named "Part lists" and unzip it.
- Choose the part list(s) you want to buy using the guide in the "Variants" tab below.
- Next go to Bricklink.com and log in or create an account (it's very easy to set up).
- Click on the "Want" tab in the top right corner and "Create New List".
- Once you've done that, click on the upload button and drag and drop the part list you want to include in the order. Then click the blue "Proceed to verify items" button.
Repeat step 5 for each part list you want to order.
- [Optional step if you only want new pieces] Select all the pieces and change their "Condition" to "New" (needs to be repeated for each page). Note that this will lead to a higher price and the risk of some parts being unavailable. The default option gives you a price around the estimate and will include both new and used bricks.
- Next click the green "Buy All" button and then adjust the settings to your preference. For lower shipping costs, I recommend beginning by choosing your region/country first and only change it if the pieces aren't available there.
- Once that's done, click the blue "Auto-select" button, uncheck the box in the pop-up and click "Start".
- This will give you a list of stores whose orders together will include all of the pieces in your wanted list. Confirm that all the pieces are included by clicking the "Wanted Items" tab to the left and control that there aren't any pieces left there.
- If you are happy with the selection and price, click "Create carts", followed by "Checkout" for each individual store and buy the pieces!
(If you are not happy with the price or if you're missing any pieces, you can click "Remove All" and redo the auto-selection with different settings)
If you're having any issues with ordering your bricks, don't hesitate to send us a message through the "Contact us" tab in the menu and we'll do out best to help!
This product comes in three different variants, which you'll all have access to with the single purchase. Use these explanations to determine which instructions to use and parts you need to buy to build your desired variant:
1. Default Falcon Heavy [713 pcs] - builds the standard Falcon Heavy Block 5 with both the Tesla Roadster in the fairing, without the deployment arms for the landing legs.
2. Falcon Heavy with Deployment Arms [833 pcs] - builds the standard Falcon Heavy Block 5 with both the Tesla Roadster in the fairing, but also includes deployment arms to extend the landing legs.
3. Falcon Heavy Demonstration Mission [861 pcs] - builds the Falcon Heavy as it looked on the Demo mission, its first launch. It also includes the Tesla Roadster in the fairing, and the deployment arms to extend the landing legs.
2024-02-12 The part lists were updated to work with the changed BrickLink part numbers and their format was changed to BSX-files to simplify the upload process to BrickLink.
The instructions have also received a visual update with new front and back covers.
The build was awesome, easy to follow instructions, only had a few problems, but overall, awesome build.
This MOC of the Falcon Heavy truly captures the essence of this massive triple-core rocket in Lego form, and it certainly doesn't disappoint!
All the intricate details are present, including 27 engines, stow-away connection points after side booster deployment, raceways, gridfins, interstage and the second stage, and, as a delightful bonus, a mini build of the iconic red Tesla Roadster that was launched into space during the unforgettable first launch!
Opting for the pricier fairing pieces was a decision well worth it, as it enhances the realistic appearance of the model while on display.
If you've already constructed the Falcon 9 from this site, the Falcon Heavy build will feel familiar. Regardless, it's a fantastic build that isn't overly challenging, incorporating some excellent building techniques. The finished model exhibits greater stability with the two outer legs of each side displayed when vertical. While handling the completed build, just be mindful to exercise a little more care than with a single-stack, but rest assured, it remains remarkably stable, thanks to its well-thought-out design.